Helpline Advocates will be trained to provide advocacy, crisis intervention, information, and referrals to the Auraria campus community, regarding issues of relationship violence, sexual assault, and stalking. Helpline Advocates will be provided with an on-call cell phone, which they will carry with them and answer 24/7 during shifts. We serve CU Denver, Anschutz, CCD, and MSU Denver communities.
Victim Services Coordinator
For questions contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Successfully complete 32 hour mandatory training.
• Advocates are expected to take the 24/7 helpline cell phone for a 2.5 day shift twice a month.
• Attend mandatory monthly one hour advocate meetings.
• One year commitment to the program.
• Must agree to a background check.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have an open and non-judgmental attitude, with a demonstrated commitment to diversity.
• Adhere to strict policy of confidentiality.
• Must share program philosophy and remain in good standing with the program.
• Closure on any issues/victimization with sexual assault, relationship violence, or stalking.
• Answer Helpline (provided cell phone) and provide advocacy and crisis intervention to callers.
• Provide education and information on the dynamics of relationship violence, sexual assault, and stalking.
• Assess immediate survivor or concerned person’s needs and provide referrals.
• Provide information about judicial, legal, medical, law enforcement, counseling, and academic services.
• Complete necessary paperwork documenting services rendered and activities performed.
• Assist with awareness, education, and prevention projects as needed.
• Receive regular ongoing supervision and training individually and/or in a group setting.
• Represent the PCA in a positive and professional manner.
Advocates will be provided with in-depth and ongoing training in dynamics of victimization and will gain direct experience in providing support and advocacy to people in need. Advocates will develop skills in crisis intervention, learn about the criminal justice system, and enhance campus responsiveness to victims of interpersonal violence. Advocates will earn a certificate upon completion of the 32 hour training.
For an application, click HERE
To be considered for a position on our advocate team, please send in your cover letter, completed application, and resume to Katherine.Miller@ucdenver.edu