Join Our Team!
The Phoenix Center is hiring for a
Violence Prevention Education Coordinator!
The Violence Prevention Education Coordinator assists with managing the prevention education and outreach program for the Phoenix Center at Auraria (PCA). The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the PCA’s interpersonal violence prevention education and outreach initiatives for the Auraria campus. This position is responsible for recruiting, retaining, and educating student peer educators, assisting with designing and maintaining outcome measures, representing the PCA in outreach efforts, designing and providing campus-wide prevention programming, and collaborating with campus partners to ensure educational continuity. This position is also responsible for maintaining the prevention education internship including but not limited to assisting with recruiting, hiring, training, and supervising undergraduate and graduate level interns.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, public administration, social science, liberal arts, communications, student affairs, public affairs, social work, gender and women’s studies, public health, human services, or a directly related field from an accredited institution
- 1 year of professional level experience providing intersectional education to a variety of audiences and working collaboratively across disciplines.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
- Master’s degree in education, psychology, public administration, social science, liberal arts, communications, student affairs, public affairs, social work, gender and women’s studies, public health, human services, or a directly related field from an accredited institution
- Experience in developing higher education programs in response to diverse needs, including those of international students and/or historically marginalized groups
- Experience with graphic design, social media, and marketing techniques
- Experience providing prevention education programming in relation to sexual violence, relationship violence, and/or stalking or a related field
- 1 year of experience providing supervision to student or professional employees
- 40+ hours of interpersonal violence victim advocacy training
- Experience creating and conducting program assessments
- In-depth knowledge related to the prevention of interpersonal violence
- Experience creating and managing educational programs
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Please visit https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=1546 to learn more & apply!
Priority deadline is January 30, 2019