**We are currently soliciting for our Spring 2018 Helpline Training!! Training will be held January 8-12. If interested, please submit your application to email@example.com by December 1**
Helpline Advocates will be trained to provide advocacy, crisis intervention, information and referrals to the Auraria campus, regarding issues of relationship violence, sexual assault and stalking. Advocates will handle a wide variety of calls that may include:
- providing a listening ear and emotional support to callers
- explaining the criminal justice process
- discussing options with a survivor
- directing callers to resources on-campus or in the community
- educating callers about interpersonal violence
- assisting family and friends in developing skills to help support a loved one who has experienced violence
- and more!
Advocates will be provided with an on-call cell phone, which they will carry for 4 day long shifts. Students, staff, faculty and community members are eligible for this volunteer position and students can use this as an internship experience.
Volunteers must attend the 32 hour training to be eligible. This valuable training covers crisis intervention and advocacy skills, information about the criminal justice system and protection orders, police investigations, sexual assault forensic exams, the District Attorney process, dynamics of interpersonal violence, cultural competency, and more. All participants will receive a certificate of completion after the training.
If you have any additional questions, please call 303-315-7250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.